Women’s Ministry - Bags of Hope
Bags for Foster Children
Saturday, October 20 from 9 am to 2 pm
We will be making duffle bags for foster children to use when they move into a foster home, rather than the usual black trash bag used to hold their possessions. We want the children to know that we are sending our love and prayers as they enter a new home.
What will you get out of the project?
· You will receive a set of directions and a diagram to make bags on your own.
· You can have practice and experience in making the bag.
· You will have a chance to learn new sewing skills.
· You will meet new friends who have a heart for service for God’s people.
· Lunch (Potluck lunch – light and healthy foods although chocolate cake, brownies or cupcakes are always welcomed.) Ice water and ice tea will be available.
Canvas or Denim Fabric 1 1/8 yard
Cotton Fabric for lining 1 1/8 yard
24” zipper (heavy duty)
3 yards - 1 or 1 1/4” nylon webbing for the handle
Sewing Equipment, Supplies and Tools – Please label your stuff
Marking pens or pencils
Pins and pin cushion
Fabric cutting board